Do I Need a Tax Lawyer?
Tax law is a specialty area of legal study, requiring unique coursework. This isn't surprising considering the ever changing nature of the tax code.
Tax attorneys often work as consultants to businesses and corporations on a local, national, and international basis. However, in some cases, litigation may be involved. Tax lawyers keep abreast of all changes in the tax code to avoid future tax issues for their clients.
Reasons to Hire a Tax Attorney
- Estate Planning and filing estate taxes
- IRS criminal investigations
- International business matters including taxes and contracts
- Starting a new business and learning the tax issues involved
- Bringing suit against the IRS
- Review of your case before going to Tax Court
- Committed tax fraud and need legal protection and privilege
With such a complex tax system which works its way down to the municipal level, a local tax attorney works with you to protect your family and business.
Tax Term of the Day
Latest Tax Question
If this happens to you, there are specific steps that you can take (and that you should avoid taking) to address your inability to pay. In addition, you can rest assured knowing that you are not the first person who has not been able to afford to pay their federal income tax to the IRS when it is due.
Category: Tax Law
Share this page with a friend